Lopez Island Family Resource Center
Job Announcement: Executive Director
Open until filled — UPDATE: We have completed the first round of interviews and the position is still open. We are currently accepting applications, however, we will not be reviewing applications and interviewing again until September 2015 due to our focus on our summer workshops program.
Salary: Depending on Qualifications
Lopez Island Family Resource Center (LIFRC), a 501c3 non-profit organization, seeks a committed and driven individual to add to our strong team. The LIFRC supports and enhances the well-being, security, educational and life success of children, families and individuals on Lopez Island, WA.
The Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the organization’s staff, fundraising, programs, finances, expansion and execution of its mission, vision and values to ensure LIFRC’s continued reputation as a vital community resource. The ED will be responsible for leading and implementing a strategic plan, developing programs that facilitate community engagement and fostering a work environment that allows staff, clients and partners to feel valued and collaborative. The ED will have the support of an engaged, working volunteer Board of Directors. The ED shall be an employee of the LIFRC, hired by the Board, and reports to the Board President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and strategic growth of the organization. The ED also works with the management staff to plan and develop programs as funded by our supporters.
- Assist, advise, and act in a responsible and transparent fiscal manner to ensure the financial integrity of LIFRC
- Conduct recruitment, hiring, staffing, and supervision of staff and provide coaching and general development of staff.
- Lead role in fundraising, communications and outreach efforts and works closely with the staff and board members who are responsible for these areas.
- Secure budgeted revenue through grants, contributions, special events, and other fundraising efforts with the assistance of the LIFRC Fundraising Committee.
- Responsible for all reports and documentation required by the law, funding sources, and the Board of Directors. Maintain financial records, and file all required financial reports and tax forms. The responsibility for keeping accurate, complete and confidential records rests with the ED.
- Provide assistance to the Board in curriculum design.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of the delivery of social services to individuals and families in need.
- Understanding of nonprofit management including financing, fund development, community outreach and collaboration, and staff/board roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding and respect for vulnerable populations from diverse cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Familiarity with government and foundation grants including grant cycles, proper administration of funds and necessary reporting requirements
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen actively and respond to Board members, staff, clients, and community stakeholders in a timely, competent manner
- Works with the upmost integrity and provides transparency when needed
- Attention to detail
- Work independently, take initiative, and willingly accept responsibility
- Strong time management and project management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Quicken applications
- Passion for education, leadership, and community
- Commitment to LIFRC vision, mission, and values
Bachelor’s Degree and/or a minimum of five years of leadership experience, preferably in an educational, human services and/or social services agency.
This is a part-time, 30-35 hours, per week and salaried position. Compensation dependent upon experience
LIFRC Board of Directors
Submit a cover letter addressing how your qualifications meet the knowledge, skills and abilities needed of the position, a resume, and two professional references. All application materials must be sent to: Celia Marquis at firstname.lastname@example.org