Give a gift to the
Lopez Island Family Resource Center
Through the Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG
Wednesday, May 10th
Your gift to the Lopez Island Family Resource Center will help us empower those most in need.
Through the GiveBIG on May 10th, you have the opportunity to make an important positive difference in your community. Mike Halperin and Jodi Green have pledged $5,000 and Jamie and Lauren Stephens have pledged $2,500 as an incentive challenge. Our goal is to raise at least an additional $7,500!
You can schedule your GiveBIG donation NOW at https://www.givebigseattle.
What will your donation be used for?
The Lopez Island Family Resource Center is continually serving the community in a variety of ways.
NEW THINGS HAPPENING AT LIFRC:
- Held a variety of events to foster compassion within our Lopez community.
- Offered 3 free nonviolent communication (NVC) workshops to the community.
- Approved a food advocacy position to start a gleaning program, nutrition classes, and getting basic food benefits at the Lopez Island Farmers Market.
- Partnered with the countywide initiative to have an Americorp VISTA position to improve the One Night Homeless Count and do a rental housing inventory.
- Granted scholarships to 25 local children to attend the 2017 Lopez Summer Workshops. This number is growing daily!
- Provided food to 300 low-income individuals & families through Lopez Fresh last month.
- Provided one-on-one therapeutic sessions to 12 preschool children this past week.
- Provided youth mentors with training last Thursday to help improve youth communication skills for the 22 mentees being served.
- Assisted 21 small business owners by providing peer mentoring sessions.
- Provided 35 ferry tickets to 22 low-income households (49 individuals) for their medical appointments in March.
- Obtained rental assistance this past year for 14 households with 39 individuals including 20 children to help homeless households obtain a place to live or prevent eviction.
- Provided energy assistance to 58 low income households (163 individuals) since last November.
- Provided 18 tax consults this spring to low income families and seniors.
- Provided 33 individuals with 220 mental health and substance abuse counseling sessions this past year….And much more!
WHERE do I donate? To donate, please go to https://www.givebigseattle.
WHAT is GiveBig? It is a one-day, online giving event sponsored by the Seattle Foundation and its partners, to inspire people to give generously to nonprofit organizations in the Puget Sound area.
WHEN is it? Wednesday, May 10th from midnight to midnight, Pacific Time. If you prefer, you can also schedule a gift now for May 10th that will be a part of both GiveBIG and our incentive challenge.
WHY should I give? Every contribution designated to the Lopez Island Family Resource Center will strengthen, support and empower the Lopez community.
WHO can give? Anyone with online access who wants to make our region a stronger, more vibrant community for all.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!