Your gift to the Lopez Island Family Resource Center will benefit those most in need. Through the Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG on Tuesday, May 3rd, you have the opportunity to make an even bigger impact. In addition to the partial match provided by the Seattle Foundation, the first $5,000 in donations will be matched 100% by Lopez resident, Linda Barton.
Linda’s generous donation is motivated by her wish to support children and families in our community. She states, “I was a social worker for more than twenty years. At different points in my practice, more than half of the children in my practice were victims of crime and faced serious traumas. I understand the important role the LIFRC plays in our community. Learning opportunities, which are offered through the center, will change lives. I want all children on Lopez to have a chance to participate in courses, workshops and adventures outside themselves.”
Please join Linda in supporting LIFRC programs and positively impacting the lives of those around us.
NEW THIS YEAR, you can schedule your GiveBIG donation NOW at https://givebig.seattlefoundation.org/npo/lopez-island-family-resource-center
What will your donation be used for?
At the Resource Center, we never know who will walk in the door needing assistance. Within the past week, we have:
- Helped low-income seniors and families with ferry tickets for their medical appointments.
- Provided scholarships for local children to attend Lopez Summer Workshops.
- Provided food directly to low-income families and assisted with basic food applications.
- Provided one-on-one therapeutic sessions for preschool children.
- Provided youth mentoring training.
- Assisted small business owners with social-media networking.
- Provided energy assistance to low income Lopezians.
- Received requests from parents for their children to receive mentoring.
- Provided tax consulting for low income families and seniors.
- Provided mental health and substance abuse counseling services.
- And much, much more!
WHERE do I donate? To donate and “STRETCH” your gift, please go to https://givebig.seattlefoundation.org/npo/lopez-island-family-resource-center
WHAT is GiveBig? It is a one-day, online giving event sponsored by the Seattle Foundation and its partners, to inspire people to give generously to nonprofit organizations in the Puget Sound area.
WHEN is it? Tuesday, May 3rd from midnight to midnight, Pacific Time. If you prefer, you can also schedule a gift now for May 3rd that will contribute to both the Seattle Foundation percentage match and be a part of the $5,000 match.
WHY should I give? Every contribution designated to the Lopez Island Family Resource Center will be increased by funds provided by The Seattle Foundation, GiveBIG sponsors, and a match provided by a Lopez community member.
WHO can give? Anyone with online access and wants to make our region a stronger, more vibrant community for all.
Please call the Resource Center or stop by if you have any questions: 360-468-4117.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!